Here’s what you can expect to find in this awesome rubric bundle:
- A “teacher’s guide” detailing the nuances of each rubric, as well as instructions for the Rubric Cube activity
- A four-point analytical writing rubric, distilled from the criteria utilized by CollegeBoard’s 9-point AP English rubric. (Perfect whether you’re seeking to provide AP students with more specific analytical feedback rather than a vague score out of 9, or if you’re simply looking for a top-notch analytical writing rubric!)
- Two additional versions of that rubric that provide opportunities for student input and for including an additional writing focus (teacher’s choice). These iterations also include innovative opportunities for weighting different elements of the rubric.
- A four-point argument writing rubric, designed to (1) provide students with clarity regarding the argumentative structures their essays should include, and (2) streamline the scoring process for teachers.
- Two additional versions of that rubric that provide opportunities for student input and for including an additional writing focus (teacher’s choice). These iterations also include innovative opportunities for weighting different elements of the rubric.ActualRubricCube
- A peer-editing exercise designed to empower the writer and to help focus the reader.
- THE RUBRIC CUBE! Our FAVORITE peer editing exercise! In short, students contribute to a three-dimensional “rubric cube” as they assess their peers’ essays. Then, students must reflect on their feedback and revise their writing in order to “solve the cube.” All necessary templates and instructions and provided. Your students will, without question, LOVE this exercise.
Grab this entire bundle (all the rubrics in editable Word and PDF format, a peer-editing exercise, and THE RUBRIC CUBE lesson) now!